Sleepless in Seattle…or Brantford

Disclaimer: This post is from the archives, and may not represent the current views of the author. It also may not be at all interesting to read. Continue at your own peril!

How does one go about summing up the weekend? I know I’ve done it before, but I’m not sure that I’ve ever done it well enough to do justice to any weekend that I’ve ever had. Or any weekday, for that matter. But because I didn’t have much time to write yesterday, this makes my task even harder today. However, I will make an effort, and whatever I get will be the result. Here we go.

Friday night was interesting. All those cool Central folk went over to Kristin’s house for a while. I had been talking to Julie on MSN at the same time that I was talking with Kristin, and she was telling me about how she didn’t really have anything to do. So I said she could come to Kristin’s house, and then, after she explained that she didn’t have a ride, I begrudgingly said that I would come pick her up. It was actually her and her friend, Jen, that I picked up, and then we went over to Kristin’s. There we played some poker for a while, until people got bored of that, and then we decided to leave. You see, beforehand, we had decided to go see Firewall, but since it was the later show we were going to, we had some time to kill. Blah blah blah. You really didn’t care about that information, did you?

Anyways, we went to the theatre, and since I’m just such a good employee, I got in free. I also got Angelie in free, since she had apparently forgotten her bank card or something. I made sure to grab some free popcorn after concession closed up, as well as some drinks – just because the concession people love me, of course. The movie itself was pretty good. It was about a bank expert, played by Harrison Ford, whose family gets taken hostage by a group of guys who are trying to rob the bank. They force him to hack into the bank system and transfer money into their offshore accounts. Of course, since good ol’ Harry Ford is oh so cunning, he tricks them and steals the money back, then rescues his family. It was pretty good. It would have been better if I wasn’t sitting next to Julie, who talked throughout the entire movie. She was going on about one of the bad guys that she thought was cute, and I just leaned over and told her, “He’s going to die, you know.” You see, he was one of those bad guys that “turns good,” so to speak. Those guys always die. And sure enough, the main bad guy shot him. Julie must have whined about that for a good fifteen minutes. Anyways, afterwards, I basically drove everyone home, but I didn’t really care much. I already knew I had to drive Julie and Jen home, so that meant driving all across town anyway. What’s a little detour, right?

Saturday was pretty brutal. I had to work from 11:45-4:45 on concession, and it was busy. There were kids running off the walls, hanging from the ceilings, and jumping up and down on other little kids as they screamed because yet another kid was pinching them. I guess that’s what happens when you have both Curious George and Pink Panther in theatres at the same time. Ugh. Anyways, I survived it – barely – and then left to go crash at home. Of course, I knew I didn’t have too long before I had to go to a worship practice. I got what time it was at from Julie, and then basically sat and did nothing until then. I got there, and it was just Jordan, Julie, and me, so we kind of figured out what we were doing and such. It was slightly difficult without the entire worship team there, though. Afterwards, we went to Wendy’s and got food, and then went to Jordan’s house for a while. I was pretty tired, though, so I went home at like 10:45 PM or something. Of course, since Jordan’s parents weren’t home, he said it probably wasn’t a good idea to just have him and a girl there. That was a good point. So basically, the options were either a) wait there for Julie’s dad to come pick her up, then go home, or b) drive her home myself. Either one meant I was going to be just that much later going home, so I really didn’t care. I decided I might as well just drive her home, so that’s what I did. And then I went home and gracefully fell into unconsciousness in my bed. Oh the sweet, wonderful feeling of sleep.

This morning I had to get up early to play bass. Well, I guess that’s not right. I didn’t have to play bass. I chose to. So I can’t really complain about it. But still, it was pretty hard getting up. Here I thought Sunday was a day of rest, and we have to go and get up. Sheesh. Oh well. That was pretty much my entire weekend. It wasn’t a lot of stuff, but just a lot of tiring stuff with very little sleep in between. It’s kind of pathetic that I get more sleep on weekdays than on the weekend. But I guess that’s how life goes sometimes. You win some, you lose some, you sleep very little. I think that’s how the saying goes, anyways…

With that said, I don’t think there’s much more that I can go on about. I thought I might have something deep and profound to share, but if I had one, I lost it quite quickly. I think that’s enough writing for today, anyways. And I’m out of time as well. I have to get to the church soon anyways. Speaking of having little time…

Comments are closed.