Disclaimer: This post is from the archives, and may not represent the current views of the author. It also may not be at all interesting to read. Continue at your own peril!

You know, I had a nice entry written up yesterday, and as I went to post it, it said that the blog I was looking for could not be found, or something like that. I thought that was strange, so I hit the Back button to go back and try it again. When I did so, I found that all my hard work was erased – gone forever. That made me angry, and since I didn’t have enough time before going off to work to write it all out again, I decided to just forget it and tell you about it today.

Luckily, yesterday was pretty boring anyways. The night before was kind of interesting. I ended up having the best of both worlds: I went to the church for the Life Groups thing, and then went to the Staats’ house afterward and hung out with people there. It wasn’t amazingly exciting, but we did have a pretty good game of Spoons going at one point. Anyways, yesterday at school was boring, and then I went to work and it was boring there as well. So that pretty much summarizes the previous post (although I went into greater detail in some areas).

Today was pretty average as well. Nothing really exciting happened at all. Tonight is the second night of work in a three day work-fest. I know that makes it sound much better than it really is, but it doesn’t take much to do that. I’m only working 9-12 tonight, so that’s not too bad. Unfortunately, what is bad is that I had to wake up at 7:00 AM this morning, so by the time I’m finished work, I’ll have been up for about seventeen hours. Oh joy. But let me explain why I had to be up so much earlier than I usually am.

Basically, what happened last night is this: I got home from school knowing that I had a Chemistry project due the next day. I thought, “Oh, that’s no problem, I only work from 5:30-8:30, so I’ll have lots of time after that to finish it up.” It wasn’t a huge project or anything, so I knew it wouldn’t take all that long. I had that mindset for about an hour or so, until I looked at the calendar and realized that there was a worship practice that night starting at 8:30 that I had planned to attend. That meant going straight from work to the church – and it also meant that I wasn’t going to have enough time afterwards to do my project. That somewhat threw a wrench in the plans. I had to put my bass and amp in the back of my car along with a change of clothes, and then take that to work. After work, I went to the worship practice, and got home at about 10:30. By then I didn’t even want to think about doing the project that night, so I set my alarm for 7:00 AM bright and early the next morning. And that’s why I was up that early today. Fortunately, it was just enough time to get the project done and still have plenty of time to get ready for school. Two thumbs up for planning ahead, even when it’s a busy week.

Honestly, this week has been horribly busy. I’ve had so many things on my mind, and they all have special times or dates attached to them that I have to remember. I hope it dies down a bit next week, because if not, I’m going to internally combust or something. Working three days in a row after having a busy week with Life Groups, youth stuff, and schoolwork makes for a potential burnout. As of right now, I’m still running fairly strong, but with a couple more late nights, I may just break down completely and have to be returned for major repairs. My shoulders are sore, my feet are sore, and thanks to some crazy bass playing on my part last night, I now have blisters on my right hand – one right on my wrist, and another on the side of my little finger. The one on my wrist hurts every time I set my hand down on something, so I’ve tried to remember not to do that. Anyways, today I kept yawning, and I’m sure that I’ll likely be yawning in my sleep tonight or something. I’m not sure how that’s possible, but it’ll happen. Trust me.

Anywyas, I think I’m done for today. The only thing I’m looking forward to tonight is getting to eat popcorn and hot dogs at the end of the night. It’s always great, because the closing usher has to throw out all the popcorn and hot dogs. That means that the managers don’t care if they eat it or someone takes it home with them, because it’s just going to get thrown in the garbage anyways. So usually as I’m scooping out the popcorn, I’m also chowing down handfuls at the same time. It’s really a test of my multitasking abilities, but since it involves food, I do quite well at it. But with that said, I think I’m going to just end this off here. Even writing – using only my fingers – is tiring me out.

Comments are closed.