Basketball, Sickness, Yay

Disclaimer: This post is from the archives, and may not represent the current views of the author. It also may not be at all interesting to read. Continue at your own peril!

Yet another crazy day means yet another day without an entry. But that’s okay. Considering there’s no obligation for me to post daily, I’m not too worried about missing a day. Besides, I’m sick.

Yesterday was the second half of our basketball tournament (since we went on the wrong day the first time), in which the guys lost all their games and the girls got second place. Before anyone makes the claim that girls are obviously better than guys, be reminded that the girls were playing against other girls’ teams, which are much easier to play against. They just do these big lob passes that sometimes work but are really easy to pick off. Fortunately, they usually work because girls never seem to be able to jump very high. With guys, it’s a different matter. You have to do short, quick passes, or they’ll be picked off immediately. And you know that if they’re picked off, its probably about an 80% chance that they’re going to get a basket.

Anyways, because the girls got into the playoffs, Mr. G decided that the guys should cheer them on (even though we really didn’t pay much attention to the game). I just sat on the sidelines and tried to close my eyes. I was running on about 3 or 4 hours of sleep minus the physical exhaustion from the three basketball games I had played. I’ve been sick for the past couple of days, and so I hadn’t slept well the night before. However, I still played my best at basketball in spite of that, although I felt sick the entire tournament. It was disgusting. At one point, it was a decision between puking or having a dry throat. If I drank any water, it made me feel sick, but if I didn’t drink any, then my throat was dry and it hurt. Then at lunch, I had brought half a sub from Quizno’s that I didn’t finish the night before, but I ate about three bites of that. I just wasn’t hungry, even though I needed the energy badly.

So anyways, after the tournament, I came home still feeling like crap, and had to make the decision as to whether to go to the youth talent show. Because Jordan didn’t come to the tournament, Aunt Lynn had told him that he couldn’t go that night to the talent show, something which we had been working hard at for like four days straight. It was very disappointing, but since I felt horrible anyways, I called up Pastor Dave and told him I wasn’t going to come. He then called Aunt Lynn and got her to change her mind, and then Aunt Lynn called my dad and told him of the change in plans. My dad came downstairs and told me that Jordan was going to be allowed to go because he had “already made a prior committment.” I knew then that it was over. My dad had wanted me to go and I had said no, but this was it. He told me how Jordan was going because he was honouring the committment he had made. So I told him I would go.

The talent show actually went really well. We were first up, playing about 10 songs, including some Blink 182 songs, a couple FM Static songs, and some MxPx songs. I’m not really into any of those bands, but we were catering to our audience, who loves that sort of style of music. It went pretty well. After us came Ian, a guy from Heritage College who was invited by one of the organizers of the show to come and play. He played his acoustic guitar and sang while another girl played the keyboard or the bongo, depending on the song. It was pretty cool, although his voice sounded kind of wierd. He sang with a British accent, even though he doesn’t have one. But whatever. The night went pretty well, even though I felt like crap the entire night.

I got home and went straight to bed, hoping for some good solid sleep. I actually slept most of the night, but considering I slept from about 11:00 PM to 8:30 AM, it still wasn’t enough. I’m sick, and I was hoping for longer. Even now, my eyes are droopy. I feel like I could fall back to sleep again, although I know I wouldn’t sleep much if I went back to bed. Insomnia is an evil curse, especially when you’re sick. But oh well. I have all of March Break to recover and get better, though I’m hoping it won’t take the entire week to do that. Even now, I do feel a bit better; the worst thing right now is the headache I have. Every time I move, it hurts. If I keep my head perfectly still, it doesn’t hurt as much. Other than that, I have a stuffed up nose and a sore throat, as well as a fever that’s slowly going away I think. Anyways, I think I’ll live. I’m just going to end this right here, though. I really don’t have much else to say, so here’s Jeff, signing off.

Comments are closed.