The Night Life

Disclaimer: This post is from the archives, and may not represent the current views of the author. It also may not be at all interesting to read. Continue at your own peril!

I think I’m burning myself out, and I barely do anything compared to some people. I barely have any energy anymore, and it’s getting worse. The worst part about it is that I have no idea how to stop it. Today I woke up at about 5:15 AM and then again at 6:30 AM. When I woke up the second time I thought, “Oh good, at least I only have a half hour to wait. I’ll just doze off until my alarm goes off.” About ten minutes later I realized that it was Sunday, so my alarm wasn’t set, and that I still had over an hour – breakfast is usually around 8:00 on Sundays at our house. So, like I do so often now, I rolled over with a groan, pulled the covers up over my head, and tried to get back to sleep. I don’t even remember if it worked, but it definitely doesn’t feel like it did considering how tired I was.

Last night I was out at a party/get-together thing at Jake Dreyer’s house. The funniest part is that I’ve only met the guy once – and that was when I was at his house before, at New Year’s. He thought I was Geoff Tyers, but Angelie tried to explain to him that I was a different Jeff. But whatever. He invited Geoff thinking it was me, so I went. I knew several of the people there, since it was mostly people from Central Baptist youth. Since I go to school with some of them, and just know some others, I at least could hang out with people I knew. I wouldn’t have gone if I couldn’t. We mostly just sat on the couch and talked, while some people played poker. They made some wierd things with hollowed out jalapeno peppers with cheese inside and wrapped in bacon. I didn’t try one, but apparently they were good. I tried some of the jalapeno insides; they weren’t too hot, but it was pretty good. Angelie pressured me into eating them expecting me to cry or something, but I just popped it into my mouth with no reaction at all. She was quite disappointed, but hey, that’s life, right?

So anyways, it was a pretty fun night. Melissa, Meagan, and I went out for a little walk for part of the time just cause there was nothing else to do. It was mostly them talking and me throwing in the odd comment here or there, since they’re both quite talkative, Meagan especially. I got home from the party at like 11:30 and just went to bed. I mean, I could understand that I was tired if I had gotten home late and only had a few hours of sleep, but I still (theoretically) had eight and a half hours of sleep. The problem isn’t going to bed late; the problem is not getting enough sleep at night because I’m waking up halfway through the night. It’s so frustrating.

So anyways, that’s all I have to say. I’ve got to be going to the church in about 40 minutes so we can have our final practice before youth service. It should be awesome, as long as everyone doesn’t lose their voices in the practice beforehand. Yeah, that’d probably be a good idea.

Comments are closed.